Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
Avez-vous perdu votre courriel d'activation?
Septembre 26, 2017, 15:41:14
Accueil Aide Rechercher Calendrier Identifiez-vous Inscrivez-vous
Nouvelles:

+  Braque du Bourbonnais
|-+  Elevage / Breeding
| |-+  Sant√© / Health
| | |-+  Genetic Disorder-- Lupis
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Pages: [1] Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: Genetic Disorder-- Lupis  (Lu 2065 fois)
jkonkel

« le: Octobre 25, 2016, 22:24:48 »

My Daisy has been diagnosed with a form Lupoid Dermatosis Usually only associated with GSP's.

http://www.fetch.org.za/lupoid-dermatosis

It presents in Daisy as skin sores and a wheezing cough. She also has a musty smell when she has a breakout. I know of two other Bourbonnais with symptoms and several testing as carriers. 

I have posted more information and pictures on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/115197368655430/permalink/545828105592352/

This is a genetic disorder and Genetic testing is available at Penn state University. There have been a few dogs tested and some US breeders are testing their breeding stock.  The tests so far suggest that carrier dogs trace back to French dogs imported to the US.

If anyone would like more information or has a symptomatic Dog, please look at the Facebook post or contact me

jkonkel@skslawyers.com

Jerry konkel

Journalisée
mic_comte

« Répondre #1 le: Octobre 26, 2016, 10:49:09 »

Hi Jerry,
Thanks for your information, we will pass it to the club. I guess we have to start testing dogs in France.

By the way, what is the pedigree name of Daisy?

Best regards
Michael
Journalisée
Marc

« Répondre #2 le: Octobre 26, 2016, 11:41:26 »

On conna√ģt aussi des cas de dysplasie du coude, de st√©nose pulmonaire... Dont certains propri√©taires nous on fait part. Il serait en effet temps que le club oriente davantage sa politique sur le d√©pistage de probl√®mes de sant√© √ßa devient urgent.
Quand √† la dysplasie de la hanche, une √©tude va bient√īt aboutir pour savoir si elle est "accidentelle" ou g√©n√©tique. Ce sera bien, surtout dans les races √† faible effectif, √ßa √©vitera de passer √† c√īt√© de grands chiens qui peuvent vite avoir de petits soucis sans gravit√© et surtout non transmissibles tout √ßa parce qu'ils ont chass√© trop jeune, trop longtemps, en montagne...
Journalisée

jkonkel

« Répondre #3 le: Octobre 26, 2016, 14:16:50 »

Michael

Daisy is Kalli Chasseur du Aspen Ridge. Her Sire tests as clear. Her Mother is a carrier as is her maternal grandfather Elk Run Quiggly. His parents are French imports and to the best of my knowledge have not been tested.  He maternal Grandmother tests clear.

Penn State university (PennGenn) is the only testing lab in the states. I will email my contact there and see if they know of a lab in europe.   
Journalisée
jkonkel

« Répondre #4 le: Octobre 26, 2016, 18:15:14 »

Marc
 According to the experts, in this Lupis disorder the chance of a spontaneous genetic mutation is 10,000/1. Therefore the gene has almost certainly been passed through generations of dogs. Luckily a test for the Marker Gene is available. With testing carriers can be identified and eliminated from breeding. Excellent idea for the clubs to encourage screening for this and other health problems. 
Journalisée
jkonkel

« Répondre #5 le: Octobre 26, 2016, 18:24:28 »

PS

In this disorder, carriers almost always show no symptoms so testing is the only way to identify affected dogs before two carriers breed and have a litter of sick puppies.
Journalisée
mic_comte

« Répondre #6 le: Octobre 27, 2016, 18:52:27 »

Indeed.
 What is astonishing in this case is that puppies show the disease with only one parent being the carrier. Some of those disease are "partially recessive", this could explain this. We have to ask advice from some experts here.
Journalisée
Marc

« Répondre #7 le: Octobre 28, 2016, 09:42:25 »

I will ask to Marc to see whith the Water Dog french Club because I know they could have this disease on the SWD. I will check that whith the Pdt.
Journalisée

jkonkel

« Répondre #8 le: Novembre 01, 2016, 13:00:48 »

I wrote Penn state vet school. They do not know of a lab doing this test in Europe. Owners of GSP's in europe send them the samples for testing.  The marker for this disorder will not be detected in a general genetic screening. Below is a link to the lab at Penn State,

http://research.vet.upenn.edu/Default.aspx?alias=research.vet.upenn.edu/Penngen
Journalisée
urgane83

« Répondre #9 le: Novembre 07, 2016, 20:23:45 »

Pour les francophones, un lien pour la fiche signalétique de la maladie traduite du site d'origine (Canine Inherited Desease Database de l'UPEI).
http://www.ecoledesmaitres.net/genetiquecanine/fiches_maladie_de_la_peau/dermatose_lupoide.html
Merci pour les infos.

Une remarque: Les recommandations d'√©levage de la fiche datent de plusieurs ann√©es. Maintenant que le test est disponible, dans la mesure o√Ļ les chiens parents d'un chien pr√©sentant des signes de la maladie sont test√©s n√©gatifs ils peuvent bien entendus √™tre utilis√©s en reproduction. Et les chiens dont les deux parents sont test√©s non porteurs sont consid√©r√©s de facto comme non porteur par h√©r√©dit√© sans avoir √† √™tre test√©s .
« Dernière édition: Novembre 08, 2016, 18:00:05 par urgane83 » Journalisée
jkonkel

« Répondre #10 le: Novembre 22, 2016, 12:32:24 »

Update on testing. My Lilly has tested as healthy (not a carrier). Urgane has a good point. The offspring of non carriers will not inherit the gene for the disease. However most carriers (one mutant gene) will not show signs of the disease and can pass the mutant gene to it's offspring. If two non symptomatic carries breed they can both pass the mutant gene and that offspring will suffer the full blown disease as in the GSP.

I am told that at least 3 breeders in the states are testing their dams and sires. If they share the results I will post here. If anyone in Europe is testing please share the results so perhaps the lines of carriers can be identified.   

* Lilly.pdf (85.39 Ko - Téléchargé 68 fois.)
Journalisée
jkonkel

« Répondre #11 le: Novembre 22, 2016, 12:34:37 »

My Daisy's test result attached.  She is a carrier and displays symptoms. She has been spayed.

* Report.pdf (85.33 Ko - Téléchargé 76 fois.)
Journalisée
Pages: [1] Imprimer 
« sujet précédent | | sujet suivant »
Aller à:  

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session